Relational Harmony


Thursday, April 06, 2006

If you listen closely...

If you want me close enough
I can whisper you the words
- C21 (Stuck in my heart)

"What is it that made you talk to me?"

"Your aloofness, intelligence and the fact that you are a fan of Harry Potter."
"That's lame."
"Oh! I didn't know you expected a fabricated answer. Fine. I'll give it to you If that's what you wanted to hear.
When I heard your voice, it was like the wind was whispering sweet nothings to its beloved. In your eyes, I saw a crazy calmness. A calmness that both scared me and fascinated me. When you walked past me, it felt like a cool breeze on a warm spring afternoon. I heard you speak to your peer. The poor guy was totally bowled over by your in-depth knowledge and the classy way you were carrying out yourself. That was when I decided that I had to talk to you. And that was when I knew that I can talk to you about Harry Potter, watch Miyazaki Animes, drink coffee, cook dinner and do all the little things for you for the rest of my life."
"....."
"Aren't you happy that you got the answer you were expecting?"
"Let's just say, if we weren't in this posh cafe and if my cappuccino weren't cold and almost finished, I would have happily dumped entire coffee on your head."
"Irritated? But that's what you wanted to hear wasn't it? That how nice and fine and classy you are."
"I just wanted an honest answer. Is that too much to ask?"
"What I gave you was also an honest answer. Except that I used a lot of adjectives. Is that too much to handle?"
"I cannot handle dishonesty. Atleast not from you."
"I cannot say that I don't lie. All I can say is that whenever I talk to you, it becomes difficult for me to speak anything other than what I know and what I honestly feel."
"Are you saying that you never lie to me?"
"All I am saying is I am honest with you."
"But you just told me about wind whispering, cooking and things like that!!!"
"Again, all I am saying is that I am being honest with you."

Posted by Sookie :: Thursday, April 06, 2006 :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------