Relational Harmony


Monday, April 17, 2006

Its simply you and me...

You were holding me
Like someone broken
And I couldn't tell you but I'm telling you now
- Rob Thomas (Ever the same)

“For the last couple of months I am seeing that you are not hanging around with our friends group much. Is everything alright?”
“Everything is fine. Of late I like being just by myself.”
“Pardon me? Last time I checked, people detest being alone. And also the fact that it’s quite depressing to be alone.”
“I’ve had my share of friends and acquaintances. Even now I am not sure why I slowly detached myself from them. It was a bit difficult in the beginning, but slowly I got used to my solitude.”
“Solitude? You just said you were lonely. Aren’t these two different?”
“I honestly don’t know. Perhaps solitude is something that you embrace with a choice and loneliness is more because of non-blending nature that you have compared to the nature of the people with whom you hangout with. I guess mine is a combination of both.”
“So are you saying that you like being alone?”
“What I am saying is I prefer less human contact.”
“I think you need therapy. Immediately.”
“I think I need a companion.”
“But you just said you don’t like human contact!”
“Sorry. Looks like I am getting you confused with my choice of words. What I meant was, I prefer associating with very less number of people.”
“You prefer to be alone but still you want to have some close friends, perhaps a couple of them at the most. Am I correct at least now?”
“You are right. I need a person with whom I can share anything - from my insecurities to my bank balance, my jealousy towards my peers to my passion for teaching. Things like that.”
“So you want a person who will be always there with you?”
“No. I want a person who will come looking for me because I am lost and sticks with me till the work is done. A relationship where very few words are exchanged, emotions are read from face and the distance really not mattering much.
“Do you even know such a person in our friends circle? Or have you met someone new?”
“I know one such person and right now, right this moment am talking to that person.”

Posted by Sookie :: Monday, April 17, 2006 :: 9 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------