Relational Harmony


Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Raspberry Sorbet

I’m staring at my feet
My cheeks are turning red
I’m searching for the words inside my head
- Avril Lavigne (Things I'll never say)

“I am sorry that it didn’t work out for you.”
“That’s fine. I knew it wasn’t going to work out anyway.”
“Are you going to be ok? I mean this was your seventh relationship in last 4 years.”
“I am going to be fine. This was bound to happen anyway.”
“I know this is none of my business, but since I’ve known you for more than a decade now, am asking you this. Why do you keep doing this?”
“Why do I keep doing what?”
“This. You keep getting hurt frequently in relationships.”
“I had felt something some years back. It was something for a person which I cannot express in words. I still don’t know what that feeling was, what the emotion was, but it was something which even Time was not able to fiddle with.”
“You didn’t find that ‘something’ in any of your previous relationships?”
“No. The chemistry was right; the sparks were there and the attitudes matched. But still, at the end of the day there was a small void in me. Somehow none of them were able to fill that.”
“Didn’t you let anyone know in those relationships what you were looking for?”
“Are you mad? Of course not.”
“So what do you want to do next?”
“I am going to search for that feeling again. But this time I want you to be there with me.”
“Sure. You know that I am always there with you.”
“Actually, I meant I want you to be there with me in the relationship, not as just a close friend.”
“….”
“I never thought I would live to see the day when you are speechless!”
“Whatever!”
“You still haven’t answered yet you know.”
“If I say ‘yes’ will you buy me an ice-cream?”
“Sure.”
“Wonderful. I’ll have a Raspberry Sorbet then.”


Posted by Sookie :: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 :: 9 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------