Relational Harmony


Thursday, April 20, 2006

Night

So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Guns N Roses (November Rain)

I met her couple of nights back in one of the local pubs. She gave me her number after we shared some drinks and a handful of dances. Tonight, she called me to visit her. So here I am standing out on the corner of the street where she lives. Its past midnight already and I know I am late. But after tonight, I hope she’ll understand why. I am dressed in black and almost blend with the night. For a very long time now, the darkness has been my only companion. My coat flutters and my wavy hair is all over my face. I chuckle. That must be the breeze. It seems like it’s been a lifetime since I felt the breeze. Or felt anything at all. I continue my slow pace towards her house and contemplating on my life or lack of it. I stop in front of a small house. I see that she has a small garden full of daisies. I choose a red one for her. I stand outside her door and try to collect myself. I don’t remember being this nervous before. I am about to knock on the door but then I see that she has left the door unlocked. There is a knot in my stomach just by thinking her trust in me. I almost turn around, go back to my house and forget everything; her scent, her laugh, her smile and even her existence. But I need her. I need her more than I need anything else. She was so full of energy, so full of life and so full of questions. She even offered me a good sunscreen to get the paleness out of my face. I had felt something for her. I, a person who doesn’t feel anything, felt a small faint of something towards this person. Was that an emotion? I smile at these memories and walk into her house. She is on couch sleeping; perhaps she fell asleep waiting for me. I see two glasses and a bottle of wine; the wine bottle is not yet opened. I watch her sleep and her steady rise and fall of her chest in a rhythm for which I almost wanted to dance. I position myself in front of her. I can smell the faint perfume of her, something sweet something floral something very much like her. I can see the pale green colored vein on her slender neck bulged slightly. I whisper softly - “Sorry” I really meant it. I bit her neck slowly. I could feel her reacting to the pain I am causing her. I was glad that I couldn’t see the horror on her face or her disappoint in me in her eyes or her surrender for the mistake she did by trusting me. I close my eyes and feel almost alive with warm blood that I can taste and I can feel it flowing in me. Once finished, I slowly move away from her body. I don’t allow myself to look at her face. It would’ve broken my heart, if I had one. I pick up the red daisy that I had chosen for her and walked away. And again, I felt nothing.


Posted by Sookie :: Thursday, April 20, 2006 :: 12 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------