Relational Harmony


Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Forgotten Melody

Now that i know what i'm without
you can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life

- Evanescence(Bring me to life)

I look at him sleeping on his stomach a newspaper cutting clutched in his hand. It’s hard to take my eyes off the serene scene in front of me. I remember the day when we first met. It was a few years back in an old music store. I was there looking for a melody which I had listened sometime back. He was there in that store tuning a violin. I didn’t find that melody in that store but I had a new friend by my side at the end of my search. We shared a coffee, then some lunches, dinners and then an apartment. I move around the small studio apartment where we lived. I can make my way through the apartment even with my eyes closed. I see too many things strewn on the floor. I smile at his sleeping form fondly. I start clearing things off the floor and keep things in their right places. I can see records, sheets filled with music notes, cigarettes, CDs and newspaper clippings on the floor. I clear the room and get up from the floor satisfied. I wonder why he has suddenly become so disorganized. Apartment is not clean, trash is not taken out, and his violin seems to be neglected. I search for its case and find it under the bed. A sheet of paper flies towards me. I look at the sheet of paper and everything around me disappears. It’s the melody I've been searching for some years now. The elation is so great that I jump on the bed and start shaking him. The newspaper clipping falls from his hand and lands on my lap. I am surprised to see a picture of myself on that clipping. It was my obituary that was published 25 days back. I closed my eyes and let tears fall.

The melody lay forgotten.


Posted by Sookie :: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 :: 10 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------